Educational status is an key indicator of the development level of a
country. So there must be the universalisation of education. Although Punjab is a
prosperous state but educationally it is not so well. So SSA programme is an attempt to
provide an opportunity for improving human capabilities to all children, through provision
of community owned quality education in a mission mode.
Aims Of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
SSA is an effort to universalize elementary education to all children
in the 6-14 age group. The main objectives of SSA are as follows:-
- Useful and relevant elementary education to all the children in the age 6-14.
- All children complete five year of primary school .
- All children complete eight year of elementary schooling .
- To improving the quality of education at elementary level.
- To remove the social and gender gaps.
- To minimize the drop out rate.
To achieve the above said objective and proper implementation of SSA
Project, there is District, Block and village level education committee. Every grant
allotted by state Project Director to the District under SSA Project, at the first stage
it is released component wise by district Education Committee. To the SMC's(School Management Committee).(Village
Education Development Committee).
SMC constituted by education Department will strive to help raising
the educational level of school and making effective. SMC will undertake the following
functions in District.
- Motivate and attract the out of school children in age group 6-14 and their parents for
- To motivate the children engaged in labour, their parents and employees to send their to
- To undertake the construction work such as additional class room, sanitation Block
repair etc with community participation.
- To consider new plans for raising the educational level and betterment of school.
- To prepare progress reports in addition to that.
- To look after the school building.
- To provide the basic facilities in the schools such as water, electricity furniture,
In the district SMC's are doing well to fulfill the above said
objectives. The funds received by these committees are utilized by effective way.
Following Components are continued in SSA Project :-
1. Civil Works
2. IED (Inclusive Education for Disabled)
3. RTE and SMC
4. STR (Special Training Resource Centre)
5. Text Books
6. MIS (Management Information System)
7. Pervesh Punjab
8. KGBV (Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidalia)